Saturday, October 25, 2014

Ending One Chapter & Beginning A New

"The FUTURE belongs to those who BELIEVE in the BEAUTY of their DREAMS." 
- Eleanor Roosevelt





Company: Vera Wang
Week # __12___             Date of report:  ______10/26/14__________
Log work hours during past week of internship:  46 hours
Monday __9:00AM-5:30PM__   Tuesday   _9:00AM-6:00AM__   Wednesday __9:00AM-6:00PM__ Thursday __9:00AM-6:00PM__

SUMMARY OF LAST WEEK’S ACTIVITIES – INCLUDE DUTIES, TRAINING, AND EXPOSURE TO NEW AREAS OF INTERNSHIP ORGANIZATION: 
·         Organize fabric headers for Fanny.
·         Organize bins of grosgrain and other ribbons and create labels for the tubs they were in
·         Copied patterns
·         Errands to mid-town
·         Cut swatches for Anne’s fabric cards
·         Rolled up tulle

SPECIFIC SKILLS/TASKS DEVELOPED OR INTRODUCED THIS WEEK:
·         Cut and sewed Bridal Skirt Panels for Daniel using an invisible thread serge finish
·         Cut and sewed RTW Flowers

SELF-EVALUATION OF WEEK’S PERFORMANCE OF INTERNSHIP:

It was a wonderful last week.  The other interns threw a mini party for me after work with the design team and we all had champagne and toasted to the previous collections and to the group of interns we have now and our hard work.  The design team also took us out to lunch on Wednesday which was really nice and fun.   On my last day I brought beagles for the team and for the people in production.  I also brought a Halloween bucket of candy and thank you cards for the design team and a few people I grew close to in the production room.  Margo told me to send the team my resume and portfolio so they can refer me to any companies looking to hire.  Everyone has been incredible to work with and I am sad that it has come to an end.  My last week was very bitter sweet and it was difficult to say goodbye to so many talented and sweet people that I have grown to love.  I hope I will one day return to the city to work for a design company and be able to reconnect with everyone again.  I loved my experience at Vera Wang and I am so grateful for all that I have learned and all of the skills that I have developed while interning there.  

I am also very excited about the future and what my next chapter is going to be.  I will be returning to Colorado to spend time with family and friends, as well as apply for apparel design jobs.  

WEEKEND:


Yale University, New Heaven, CT




Cape Cod, MA



I am now traveling with my super amazing friend Paula on a road trip back to Colorado.  We are traveling up the east coast first and then back west into Upstate New York and the next stop will be Niagra Falls.  I am not positive where we will go after that.  It is quite the adventure!  

Once we get back to Colorado, I am not sure what my next chatper will be exactly, but I do know that I am extremely excited and hopeful! 

Thank you for reading my blog about my internship experience. I hope it has entertained you or given you some insight about an internship experience in NYC or maybe even given you encouragement to pursue your dream of interning in the city!  I wish you all the best in the future and if you do have a dream that you are unsure of or you are scared of...then I say just do it!  You will only regret not trying and if you don't try then you know for sure it will never come true!  If there is a will..there is a way.  You just might have to brainstorm a little longer!  Best of luck!

Love Always,
Sydni


No comments:

Post a Comment